YOGA FOR ALL HERTS
Ride my bicycle
baby yoga song
For more information including photos visit my facebook page
TO BOOK EMAIL [email protected]
What is covered on the baby yoga course?
(Yoga for you and your baby)
Baby yoga is for babies aged 8 weeks up to crawling and includes for both parents and babies all the components of classic yoga. Younger babies can be accommodated. The yoga is fully integrated for both parent and baby and no previous yoga experience is required. All movements are adapted according to each child and parent. The course is great for encouraging babies gross and fine motor skills by developing and strengthening the muscles and keeping babies flexible. It also helps babies with emotional development allowing parents time to interact, teach (through songs and rhymes) and bond with their babies. Both babies and parents have time for movement and relaxation. Parents get time to stretch, tone, strengthen (with particular emphasis on the pelvic floor and stomach) and relax. Post natal recovery is included.
A typical class will include:
- Time for the babies on the yoga balls
- Post natal breathing exercises and post natal realignment of the body.
- Movements for the babies lying on the floor, sitting up and with parents standing.
- Fun songs some you will know and some new
- Parents stretching and strengthening exercises with a particular focus strengthening the pelvic floor, core strength and helping with diastasis recti as well as removing any tensions in the body
- Learning correct postures to help you in day to day life
- Joint relaxation of the body and mind.
- Lots of sensory aids
- Time for refreshments, socialising and home made cakes
This is a course you can keep re-enrolling for until your baby is on the move.
No prior knowledge of yoga is required and each movement is at the pace of each individual parent and baby.
Prices: Cost is £60 including handouts with moves for you and your baby, songs, and more. 1:1 additional support is given if needed.
To book or for more information on baby yoga:
Please phone Penny on 07944 416572 or email me on the contact me page or email [email protected]